Here at Gorbals Mot Station we specialise in providing a MOT test for people in and around the Gorbals. We have a team of fully-qualified technicians who are able to carry out an MOT test, this allows us to provide a professional service.
During a MOT test we will carry out a range of different checks, including checks to the:
- Body and vehicle structure – Our team will check that the body and vehicle structure is free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas and that there are no sharp edges that can cause injury
- Fuel system – Our technicians will check that your fuel system has no leaks and that the fuel caps fasten and seal securely
- Exhaust – we will check that the exhaust meets the requirements for exhaust emissions, depending on the age and fuel type of the vehicle
- Exhaust system – We will check that your exhaust system is secure, complete, without serious leaks and silence effectively
- Seat belts – We will check the condition, operation and security of your seatbelts
- Seats – We will check that your seats are secure
- Doors – We will check that your doors latch securely in the closed position
- Mirrors – We will check that your mirrors are in place and are in good condition
- Brakes – We will check that your brakes are in good condition and that the operation and performance is satisfactory
- Boot – We will check that the boot is secured in the closed position
- Tyres and wheels – We will check that the tyres and wheels are in good condition, secure, are the correct size and type and that the tread depth is sufficient
- Registration plates – We will check that they are in good condition, are secure and that the characters have been correctly formed and spaced
- Lights – We will check that the lights are operational and are secure. Headlamps will also be tested for aim
- Bonnet – We will check that the bonnet securely latches in the closed position
- Wipers and washers – We will check that the wipers and washers work
- Windscreen – We will check that the windscreen is in good condition and that the driver’s view of the road is clear
- Horn – We will check that the horn operates correctly and is suitable
- Steering and suspension – We will check that the steering and suspension is of a satisfactory condition and operation
- Vehicle identification number – This is generally on vehicles that were first used on or after the 1st August 1980. Usually there isn’t more than one VIN displayed however, this can be different for multistage build vehicles
An MOT test is affordable here at our garage and our customers regularly tell us that our prices are a lot less than what other garages in the Gorbals are charging. We would be more than happy to give you a free quote if you are interested in coming to us.
If you would like a free quote or you would like to arrange for us to carry out an MOT test at our station then all you have to do is give us a call. One of our team will then give you a free quote and/or will get you booked in at the most convenient time for you.